Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Oatmeal Muffins


Prep Time 30 minutes

3 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
2 1/4 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3 eggs
2 1/4 cups milk
3/4 cups canola or vegetable oil

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Line 27 baking cups with paper bake cups, set aside.

2.  In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients.  Make a well in the center. 

3.  Add beaten eggs and wet ingredients to the well, mix only until moistened.

3.  Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.  Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.

Makes 27 muffins

I found this recipe in the Better Homes and Garden 2000 edition cookbook.  I reduced the sugar and salt slightly.  These muffins are great for dinner.  My husband isn't big on biscuits so I make these up instead.  We eat them plain without even butter or jam.  My kids always ask for these muffins in their lunch boxes the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment